Saturday, November 7, 2009

2:50 am and the neighbors

I in natural am a light sleeper, so at 2:30 this when a nice breeze was coming into my room and I didn't hear the wind chimes on the front porch I opened one of my eyes...what did I hear instead?

My down the street fighting in the middle of the road like it was 2 in the afternoon, and about as drunk as they can be.

Now I am not going to repeat the words that were said come on people this is G rating here but I will telling it was somewhat rather amusing.

I nudge the hubby..."Do you hear that?" I said

"Where's is coming from" he asked

I opened my curtains over there...........I had to go get my glasses on because my contacts were resting in the place, when I came back you should have seen the crowd scatter like flies..

I said a quick prayer.."God please protect innocent people out on the road tonight"

After the show was over the hubby and I stayed awake for a while talking...Why are we always the "lucky" ones to have to get neighbors like that? Seriously every time we have moved we have always had 1 neighbor that had to by "it"....what happened to bringing food over when a family member is sick, or taking a welcome dish to a new neighbor...but on my behalf the new guy across the street literally gives me the chills.....moving on!

I guess we just have the luck......but for now I will be pretending that I live in Stepford and that the Robot wives will forever be my friends and won't be up at 2 in the morning fighting, because they are well rested in their beds awaiting the next morning when they can come over to my house and share a cup of .....something!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that stinks! I don't envy you. We had our years of noisy teens next door. Especially on the 4th of July when they drank and set off illegal fireworks.

    Now these teens are grown men and still live with their folks. Ocassionally they get into it outdoors late at night & inflict some serious wounds.

    It's sad. I pray for them a lot.

    I hope you'll have a more peaceful future. Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete