Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pretending...even as an Adult

When I was a little girl I had an imagination like no other, I had a little sister that I longed to play with and share a room with but in my crazy mixed up life that just wasn't going to happen. But now after what 18 years later I finally have the little sister I wanted all along....buts that's a different story for a different time. Back to my imagination....WOW I must admit it was one of a kind, and I have to admit I still got it, there are times I like to pretend that I once lived in the simple, fun, family easy life of the 1950's time, I have said it before and I will say it again I was so born in the wrong era. There are times that when it was just myself with the Lil Gabers I would put my apron on and be Joan Clever so to speak. I do my laundry in a fast paced movement with a smile strapped to my face, cookies baking away in the oven, the house spit shined and the towels so fluffy it makes me want to bounce on them.
I like to think/pretend that we have a tiny farm with my three chickens running around in the back yard, that I can someday build a barn in the back filled with more chickens and goats and Hay all over and a tired swing inside and the boys going out back to fetch me some morning eggs for breakfast or to do some baking from scratch.

I like to pretend that we don't have a care in the world, that money does in fact grow on trees and that a simple peck on the hubby's cheek will cover for the fact I didn't make dinner. I know its all a fantasy but hey its my fantasy and I like that I have a simple one and that even though I have shared a bit of this with you all that I still can pretend like I used to when I was 11. Something like an imagination is something that you will never loose, it's important to have as important as having a Dr. Pepper daily to me that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment