Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Simply Homemade.....

I have a bug.....no nothing like a sick bug or a tick or anything like that. The bug that I have is a homemade bug...yes and as odd as that sounds it's true. We are a small family of four and my Hubby is the provider......we are in no way poor but I am in control of all the money. Though I must admit there are times I go and blow money on something totally "chick needed" but I am a wife and it's in the "Stay at home Mother's Contact".

Any whooser, back to what I was saying the homemade bug, about 50% of my house hold items are homemade. I make our own body soap.....(have you seen the prices for body wash at Walmart? I tell you every week when I go the prices get higher,).I have now just recently made my own laundry soap and fabric softer. I like to thing of myself as "FRUGAL".

The prices for things are outrageous, it's crazy, with my own homemade things it saves us at least 50 dollars a month easy!

I am telling you it is the best thing ever I make this huge 5 gallon of laundry soap. To where I can use it for 3 months unlike the one I would have to buy weekly at Walmart that wouldn't even last me 2 weeks. To some I may sound cheap......that is not the case, some people can't believe that we have NO credit cards, we never buy anything unless with cash or or debit cards.

See it is just smart thinking!

Am I right?

1 comment:

  1. You should do a class on how to make everything. I would totally be interested in that. I have recently discovered how much I save buying Equate brand vs. name brand. It is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete