Saturday, August 30, 2008

JESUS CAN STOP YOUR STORM


....So He spoke to the storm: "Quiet down," he said, and the winds and the waves subsided and all was calm! -Luke 8:24
This story of the disciples who were in the boar with Jesus when the storm camp up never fails to remind me of God's ability to settle all the storms of our lives.
Many of us as Christian's have faced some find of storm one way or another, even though our flesh wants to tell us, that Jesus will not get us out of it, he will. Many times in my Christian walk I have felt that there is no way Jesus is going to do it in time, meaning my time of course...but low and behold he did come through bigger and better then I would have ever imagined him to come through for me.
I have a younger sister Briana who had been mentioned on my blog before you is 22 and a single mother of 1 raising her on her own.....everyday she goes through a storm.....and everyday God seems to always come through for her. She has a unique and wonderful bond with our Lord, she has grown really into such a beautiful woman day by day....trust me I know when I say this out of experience before we were all saved, we created our own storms, and would plug our ears to anything about God, now all of us know that Our God, will save us, he will pull us out of the deep sea of despair, and hold, love and comfort us.....when we were in the world , the world would just crush you, throw you, and kill you.
What a wonderful Savior we have to come rescue us from the storms.
Jesus I face Stormy seas of problem from time to time, and I grow desperate for your help. Climb into my boat during those times, Lord, and calm the storm raging around me that I might have Your peace.

2 comments:

  1. What an Amazing Grace it is to have a Lord who loves us so much! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Marisa!

    Thank you for this post today! What precious and deep TRUTH! Your post reminded me of Psalm 121:

    I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD,
    who made heaven and earth.

    He will not let your foot be moved;
    He who keeps you will not slumber.
    Behold, He who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

    The LORD is your keeper;
    the LORD is your shade on your right hand.

    The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

    The LORD will keep you from all evil;
    He will keep your life.

    The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore."

    AMEN!!!!

    Bless you darling sister,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete