Thursday, September 11, 2008

CHILDREN NEED TO BE SAVED

(Aidan and Gabe my boys)

But Jesus Said, " Let the little children come to me, and don't prevent them. For of such is the Kingdom of Heaven. - Matthew 19:14

It is such a Blessing for us to know that our simple and profound message of Jesus' love reaches the hearts of God's children. Our oldest son is 5, one night while we were laying in bed together we say our night prayer, he has is own little bible for me to read to him so he gets the idea of the bible, he stricked this conversation up about God and tells me what he learns in Sunday school (and to think I thought he didn't pay attention, he so proved me wrong). That night together he asked Jesus into his heart, I beamed with pride.

There are times when I am around the house cleaning doing whatever,I start to just sing, some Jeremy Camp, church songs, or I put it on our T.V. christian station and listen to that, I love to hear my kids sing praise to the Lord, I Love knowing the fact that they know no filthy worldly songs,(OK I am guilty I have let them watch Camp Rock so much they know those songs).

This morning as I was dropping Aidan off at school he was going to the van singing "I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God ,...He calls me friend......we heard this 2 weeks ago on T.V. and he sings it almost daily!

I am so glad to know my kids know Jesus as this early age that they both are. We never hesitate to tell our children about Jesus- His Love for them, His sacrifice for their eternal lives, and the we will have to spend eternity in Heaven.

Knowing Jesus at an early age can help to prevent them from making many of the mistakes we parents have made.

Father, I desire that my children be saved and have the opportunity to spend eternity with you in heaven. O Lord, I lift up my children to You today. I pray that You will give then understanding hearts as I explain their need for salvation. help me to live a godly life before them. I entrust our home to you Jesus' name.

1 comment:

  1. I rejoice with you sister over your precious son's salvation!

    "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." ~ 3 John 1:4

    Remind him that the angels in Heaven are rejoicing too! :-)

    Love you sweet sister!
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete