Friday, September 12, 2008

CHOOSE LIFE

"I call heaven and earth to witness against you that today I have set before you life or death, blessing or curse. Oh, that you would choose life; that you and your children might live." - Deuteronomy 30:19

This scripture says that we have a choice to live to die..... to be blessed or to be cursed... to serve God or not to serve Him. God wants us to enjoy the good life He made possible for us, but we are the one's who must make the choice. Deciding not to serve Him can cause us a lot of trouble. But if we do choose to serve Him, we receive wonderful benefits. Verse 20 says "Choose to love the Lord your God and to obey Him and to cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your day's." So if you want to live a long life, make a quality decision-choose to serve God, obey Him, and cling to Him. You'll be glad you did!

OH, God I thank You that You came to give me life, and I choose this day to serve You, love You and obey You and cling to You. I know that you are my life and the length of my days- and I choose the abundant life You provided for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment