Thursday, June 25, 2009

Being a Housewife

When there are times like recently when I run into people I have either int he past worked with or I went to school with, I often get asked..."So what do you do now?"

My response....with a grin because I love what I do..."I stay Home with the kid's and take care of my family."

I get the raised eyebrows and an"OH" which can either mean two things, they are thinking "It must be nice not to have to work." OR "Glad I don't' do that."

People think it's easy to be a STAY AT HOME MOM and at times it does have it's perks, but people really don't understand what I myself have given up in order to do that...

I had (have) goals to some day want to finish.
I hardly ever get alone time....I hear some woman in line at the market bragging about being able to go to the bar while the kids are at grandmas house.....I would never dream of doing that by big thrill would taking a 20 min. shower.
I never get call in day's when I get sick....
I have needs and item I would love to buy, but my Hubby and kids come before myself.....that's just the way it is no questions asked, even when the Hubby pleads with me to go get something for myself......I usually end up with a basket full of boy stuff.
I don't think I have ever had a meal to myself, even if we all have the same thing I guess mine just looks better.
My day starts at 5:50 and ends at about 11, with a small break if I am lucky and the kids actually do nap.....not often but I am hopeful.


I work Holiday's and weekend's even on vacations laundry has to be done and ironing.I am on call 24-7-365.
I can accomplish about 5 different task's in a day , have a brother fight around the clock get breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner made along with a nice little treat called dessert. I can iron with the best of them, while I boil something and still be able to answer all call's.....

What do you think multi talented??









The label that I gladly carry is........
*wife
*mama
*cook
*nurse
*housekeeper
*personal driver
*plumber and electrician(don't ask)
*inventor(for those last minute science projects)thanks sister
*teacher
and lastly motivator.
I wear my apron proudly as a House wife and I wouldn't change it for the world, because my goals will always be there waiting for me to finish, but every moment I miss I can't rewind, once they are gone they are gone.
So I may not have some fancy smanchy job like other's but the benefits are remarkable.

2 comments:

  1. Who wants a fancy smanchy job over being a wife and full-time mother, anyway! I know I do not. I would not trade what I get to do for all the money in the world. Not me!

    I love the pictues, Marisa.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marisa,

    I have tagged you in the Sixth Photo Challenge

    I know how hard it can be getting around to doing this, so feel free to decline if you do not feel up to it.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete