Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WHOM THE SON.........WASHES THE DISHES

The other night while making dinner, I had a awful headache, went to bed for about 15 min. prayed over my myself, and within a matter of minutes I was better. Well to add a even bigger smile to my face, I walked into my kitchen to find that my boys were doing the dishes. I was beaming from ear to ear. Right away I thought" Maybe I should make a more updated chore chart"? It sounds good.
"Wait a minute Marisa, let's not get to ahead of yourself, there are only 6 and 3." I mean but they actually love to do the dishes,and I absolutely dread doing the dishes.....it pretty much evens out doesn't it?


And then this cutey yesterday decided to give up his play time outside and help his Dad clean the back yard.........Other thought hit my mind....."maybe I can convince him to go outside and make him think he is play but get him into doping yard work?" Wow what has gotten into me...throwing my duties onto my kids.........I need to let them be kids.......but oh the day ....the joy full day when they are much older and they have a chore list a mile long!!!!!
They better quit surprising me with all this cleaning........it's a neat freak mother like myself that dreams of those day's.

1 comment:

  1. Sister Marisa,

    It's great to give our children chores (our kids have had chores since age 2), but also allow them to enjoy family time and being a kid. It's the balance in Christ we all need to help us with writing our children's chore list. My first suggestion would be to pray about it, take this matter to your husband, ask him to pray about it, then do whatever the Lord leads your husband to do.

    BTW, I've got a little somethin', somethin' for you....

    I have a bloggy award for you!

    Please stop by my place and pick it up. Here's the link:

    I'm Overflowing and I Want To Share

    Love you sweet sister,
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete