Saturday, December 13, 2008

DEATH = CELEBRATION

Today was our Brother in Christ Dennis' funeral.
It was a sad day only because of his family that he left behind.
When it was almost time to close the casket, his wife went to say her final farewell and hugged him, my heart stopped for a minute I couldn't breathe, tears stung my eye's. While other family member's were trying to calm her down she was pleading with them "Wait"...."Wait"......she finally let go, and the casket closed.

During the sermon our Pastor spoke about him and how Dennis loved God, I was jealous.
Dennis is with Jesus........could you imagine how wonderful he must be right now this very minute? Jesus......we cry out to him when we need him but Dennis cried out because he is there with him in tears of joy,getting to hold our Savior...walk on those street's of gold.

I left our church a little quite today.....sad......happy......at peace.....strong.....
Knowing that yes life does go on....how privilege we still our to have our life, but how lucky to be in our Savior's presence as Dennis is.

This is from Dennis' program right on the front page.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Psalms 116:15

4 comments:

  1. Dear Marisa,

    How sad for Dennis’ wife, may she be comforted knowing he no longer feels pain and forever will enjoy fellowship with God.

    It would be wonderful to be able to go home to Jesus, but we are here because He is still working in us and through us. May we each seek to do His will each day.

    I love you, Marisa. And I thank you for you sweet heart towards me.
    Love, Ernestine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there is sadness here but also a great joy that Dennis is finally home with our Father. Praying your hearts find peace during this time and ever onward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Marisa,

    I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you today.

    I love you!
    Hope :)

    P.S. Thank you for your comment about my name, cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisa...Sorry for loss of Dennis but we can rejoice because his family and friends will see him again soon... it is only momentarily. Holdfast to the Hope we have in Christ, our Savior. We've never met, but I just wanted to express my thoughts and prayers. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and offering your warm welcome to the group! :) Hope to get to know you better in the future. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete