Monday, December 1, 2008

ONE OF MY GOOD READS

Aside from my bible reading this is the other book that I love to read over and over again, I purchased it on amazon( just in case you wanted one too Ernestine ;) )I have said it time and time again before I was so born in the wrong era, people think that I am crazy for the things that I can do at my young(yeah right) age. My mother in law can't believe at the age that I am (are you dying to know how old I am ?) I can cook huge meals (like Thanksgiving) make tortillas(it's the Spanish blood in me) bake from scratch, and manage a family.
What can I say I have had some pretty good teachers in my time. My husband and kids do not leave the house with any wrinkle on their clothes, creases in the pants and shirts, white shoes are washed weekly. As are their rooms and every Saturday before any play gets done the whole house gets a refreshing, wonderful clean.
My kids do bath/shower daily, and I am the mother that says clean behind your ears!

When my husband comes home from work, he has a meal at the table waiting for him, or if he works graveyards that week he is the envy at work for the meals he takes! Example: Meatloaf, mash potatoes, string beans, rolls, and maybe a sweet!



There are times that I get tired yes and we do order out, but a majority of the time family is number one in the Salas house and we are in the year of 2008 but here things are ran like it's 1956, except I am not tooth pick skinny and I don't wear heels and a dress.
And by the way...........I am 26!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the book. I certainly don't have it together that well, yet, (I haven't had many great teachers in this department so I'm getting a late start), but I certainly want to. Does the book offer lots of practical advice?? I want to learn from the gracious women of 1956.

    Amanda B. @ OneSacrifice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa, you and I are amazingly alike in our old-fashioned ways!

    Even though I am quite a bit older than you are, I too desired to live differently from my decade. While everyone I knew wanted to have a career and maybe a family, all I ever wanted was to be married and be the best possible wife and mother.

    My favorite show was, and is Father Knows Best.

    I always dressed in a fashion that was closer to the 1940s & 1950s than the 1980s. I figured, if famous people could dress anyway they wanted, so could I.

    Thanks for the book recommendation; I am looking into buying it used online. It looks like one I would definitely like.

    Love, Ernestine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! It's such a good feeling to have things in order!

    ReplyDelete