Saturday, December 6, 2008

SALAS SATURDAYS

This happened last Saturday, I know it's rather tardy, but I finally got around to posting them. Here is Safford Arizona we have the most beautiful mountains, that we call Mount Graham. We were originally going up there because of the snow, but once we got there we realized the snow was much to high, so we did a mini hiking trip( what is it with me and hiking now?? I don't hike)
With this little waterfall I had to make sure Aidan and Gabriel didn't make a dive for it, because I know they wanted to, I could see it in their eye's that little twinkle of "I am going to to just put my foot in it when mom isn't looking) William and Gabriel were like 100 feet in front of me because let's face it, I am a straggler, but my sweet son Aidan patiently waits for me to join them....but this time my cheeks are pinks, I am sweating a little and my nose is running like there ain't no tomorrow....and I am burning, my lungs are burning!




Here are all the men in my life that I am grateful enough to wake for to everyday and be devoted to. Gabriel for some reason decided that he want to taste the wood? I don't know what he was doing but before I had a chance to tell him to put it down, I notice that he did this int he picture.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Marisa,
    Well, that was a pleasant afternoon. What a sweet family. It is good to go out and enjoy life with the most precious people in your life.

    We go to a particular hiking place in the mountains, here in California, where high above there is still snow on the peaks, and a freezing cold stream runs down into an even colder lake. It is about a 7 mile hike to this stream. People can continue to hike to higher lakes, but we never go past that point because the trail back to the car is always longer than we think it will be. We rest and soak our feet in the cold stream before heading back.

    We make this hike in June or July when flowers cover the mountainside. Many times there will be patched of snow in which the children can romp a bit.
    I always have mixed feeling about taking this hike; I just try not to think about all the work it is going to be. The entire trip takes at LEAST six hours from home and back.
    I am always glad it will be another year before we do it again.

    Love, Ernestine

    P.S. I really like those pretty stocking hanging from the self.

    ReplyDelete