Friday, December 26, 2008

UNTO TO US

Good Morning everyone, I really hope everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas! It is hard to believe that it came and now it is gone.....my Christmas was wonderful not because of presents, for our weather, here in Arizona it is always Sunny and bright on Christmas...blah!! I had been praying for beautiful cold winter weather.....Ask and you shall recieve!!! And that I did!!!! It was dark, cloudy, cold, and windy with a little slush/rain most of the day!! What could be better then to wake up and Thank God for the beautiful day!!! Christmas here started at about 7 int he morning and it wasn't the kids who were up early more like me! I couldn't sleep the night before because I was so excited I felt like a kid again!!! Once I told them Santa came, they shot out like a bullet!!To make a long story short Christmas couldn't have been better I have a mess to clean up today that is going to take an army....but it is just what happens with 2 boys and new toys!
Yesterday afternoon, while my ham was in the oven, we turned all the Christmas T.V. off, and sat the boys down and read then Luke 2! Now here in our family, we let the boys believe in Santa (I don't really think in the harm) but he are sure to put Jesus into the moral too, now to some they may scratch their heads but hey my kids get it!
Aidan: "Mama how does Santa know everyone about us"?
ME: Well he doesn't really know alot about us, but Jesus does and he tells Santa where to go"?
Aidan:"So Jesus tells Santa where to go?"
ME: "More or less, before Santa leaves the elves pray over him for protection".
and so on!!!! But the moral of the conversation Aidan understands that yes Santa may bring presents, but Jesus is all about Christmas!!
Have a Blessed day............I really need to down load my camera too I promised some pictures!! Well then it looks like I have tomorrows post!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marisa,

    I love this picture of Mary holding baby Jesus. I always like the pictures that depict the way a real mother is with her baby. This picture shows Jesus just like any baby…as he would have been.

    I want to tell you about a new sister friend who just started the Biblical Submission study.

    The Southern Housewife @ Her Southern Charm http://hersoutherncharm.blogspot.com/

    She is another old-fashioned girl. I thought you might like to go see her right away.

    Love, Hope :)

    ReplyDelete