Saturday, October 25, 2008

STARTING POINT 1982 TIL PRESENT

I lead a pretty normal life......I have a husband, two children who I get to stay home with, a mini van, and a dog. And only by the Grace and Mercy from God am I so lucky to be here at this point of my life, I don't really talk much about myself or how I became a christian, but now I feel God leading me to do this.....who knows I just may be able to help someone out there starting with my as a child into my life as an adult. I really am going to narrow it down to as much as possible, but I will not promise that it won't turn into a book. OK here's my timeline. (it may get a little blurry in my child hood...so bare with me.)


Jan. 8,1982-The day that I came into the world.(For any Elvis lover's aka Dad,this is also Elvis' birthday.....go figure)

1983-1984 -Somewhere around this time my parents divorced, and I pretty much got tossed around alot, from my mom to my dad...lots of airplane rides from Arizona to Reno.

1985-1988 My dad remarried, I got lucky with a little sister and a little brother, who are not so little anymore but to me and my heart always will be.

This is the part that becomes a little blurry to me in the years and dates, but my Dad and stepmother divorce the family that I grew to know was taken from me, my brother and sister stayed with their mom and I went to total opposite way and lived with my grandparents (dad's parents) I think it was to be an overnight thing, but my grandma didn't trust my dad to raise me.

so back on the time line...........

in the 90's I was in school, living with my Grandparents and 2 aunts........who later when I was in the first grade took me to church for the very first time in my life, didn't really understand what was going on...but soon caught on I believe I was 7 when I truly wanted Jesus.

1991 Sunday morning in church our Pastor was preaching to the whole church and dies right there in front of everyone, I remember being in like the 3rd grade.

1993-1995- My Grandma whom I lived with and was raising me fell very very ill ended up in the hospital in a completely different town about 2 hours away from here, so when every kid I knew at the time was playing having slumber party's and doing what kids do, I was at the hospital with my family. Around this time my grandma had both of her legs amputated and had a stroke in between there too.

1996- Graduated form the 8Th grade, and pretty much could have been a Nurse myself, from learning how to take care of my Gramma, I could give an insulin shot like no other too.

1996-2000 Did and finished High school graduated in the year 2000, and began to back slide from God that was the dumbest move I ever made, but didn't learn from it.

Worked as a CNA for about 11 months, met William(my husband) started dating got serious, now I was totally back slided but didn't care, had premarital sex got pregnant lost that baby in June of 2001. Was depressed for nearly a year.

Sept. 25, 2002 I had my beautiful Son Aidan, still wasn't married and living in sin.

From 2002-2004 I went through mill with my then boyfriend William, our relationship was awful, did many things that we both shouldn't have, but never learned.

Jan. 17, 2004-We got married we were both saved, so we thought and moved to a little town called Morenci.

May 24, 2005- I had my 2ND Son Gabriel

2005-2006- My marriage was pretty much a joke, we fought all the time, we both physically and verbally abused each other.....I would smoke/drink he would do the same and more. Our life wasn't good for our boys.

July 2, 2006 Everything came to a halt.....without getting into detail........God did what he had to do in order to get the both of our attention, and stop the games because that is what we did for so many years me made a mockery of God because we played the church game.

I will never forget this day ever.........it has drastically changed our lives and our sons lives for the better it has been 2 years and that we have been fully saved and no regrets.

God has completely restored our marriage and given us the love for each other that we both robbed each other of. William is now the man of God that I love to be married to and my life is finally on cruise control, I am not saying we have the perfect marriage because we don't but what he had before was nothing close to a marriage, we both broke our vows and the commandments but God forgave us and has provided for us everyday since then.

1 comment:

  1. I almost cried halfway through this story, Marisa. Thank you so much for sharing the love of God in your life and for being so honest and open about yourself. It is a true testimony to your belief in God to lay yourself that open for all of us. You are in the company of the great apostle, Paul. We could all sign up for the "chief of sinners" position, but God's grace is so merciful that it breaks my heart. I love you dear sister and I am beaming thinking of how our savior has miraculously saved you and your dear family. I will pray that you only grow closer and closer to Him and to each other.

    God bless you dear one.

    ReplyDelete